New boy on the block

Well,

I'd like to say hello to every.  Just got a 2000 Saphire Blue Sprint ST 11
days ago.  I guess I don't really need to say, I love the bike (except for
the damn 1st 100 miles).

I've got one problem.  Well basically one problem, my memory.  I loved my
bike so much I didn't want it stolen, so was using a disk lock to help
protect my bike from theives.  Unfortunately my memory betrayed me last
night and I tried to leave a night of pool (totally sober) and forgot to
remove the disk lock first.  I moved about 3-4 feet and CHUNK! Bike went
over.  It was laying on it's side engine still running.  I got up, cursed a
bit, turned off the engine, cursed myself some more, picked up the bike
(man this thing is light).  I tried to start it, it started but
reluctantly. I tried to leave but it died. When I tried to start it again
the battery wasn't up to the challenge.  I called a wrecker that I knew had
the right equipment to transport a bike.  Told him what happened he
suggested we try jumping it.  Took the seat off (gotta love Triumph for
putting the battery in an easy to reach location) and hooked up the cables.
 Charged the battery and started the bike.  The bike started spewing alot
of smoke out the back, the wrecker suggested that when the bike was on it's
side oil had seeped past the rings into the cylinders and that the smoke
was the oil burning off.  The smoke was definitely oil burning.  After
letting the bike run a bit, the smoke did die down alot.  I got on and rode
it home.  Don't know if it was psychological or not but it seemed the bike
wasn't responding to the throttle like before.  Other damage to the bike
was some mild scraping of the left side of the fairing and the gearshift
lever was bent in a bit.  I wasn't trying to leave quickly so the disk
rotor visually looks unharmed. I'm just hoping the shop can just straighten
the fairing brackets and sand out the scrape marks, then paint.  Have any
of ya'll had this sort of thing happen to you?

BTW I'm throwing away that damned disk lock.  Wrecker says they aren't all
that helpful, they can be cut off quickly with bolt cutter or hacksaw.

Lex Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx