Re: Oil consumption?

Only comment I have on oil consumtion is to be careful not to
OVERFILL the engine. There are markings on the engine to the right of
the sight glass that show high and low levels. I have found that my
motor takes a bit less than what Triumph calls for as a fill. If I
put in the full 4 liters of a Triumph Mobil 1 jug it is overfilled ie
can't see space above the sight glass it's too full. About 3.8 quarts
will fill the sight glass to the top full mark. On my first service
the dealer used the whole Triumph jug and the window was full past
the full mark ( I drain about a pint out to get it to the correct
level) I've found that a good way to make an engine unhappy in the
long run is to overfill. Except for the first 600 miles my motor has
never needed a drop of oil between changes.

Erik