Re:Another New Member

>Hey everyone!  After a 4 year wait, I am finally a Triumph owner!  Yeah!  I
>just picked up my new 00' Blue ST a week and a half ago.
>
>- -Stupid question #2: At what RPM do most of you shift while normal street
>riding?  I find myself shifting at about 4000 RPM.  Is this high, low, or
>just right?

Uh, How many miles do you have on the bike.  If you have a new bike that's
only a week and a half old you need to look at the sticker on your tank
that describes the breakin schedule.  My dealer told me that the first 500
were the most important and the rest was really aimed at the German riders
who ride at much higher speeds for longer periods of time than the rest of
the world.  But I plan on following it all the way to the 1000 mile mark.
Otherwise it just depends on your riding style.  I tend to shift around
6,000rpm now that I can.

>- -In the middle of the seat on the side, there are two holes with threads in
>them, as if something screws into them to secure cargo?  I would like
>something there to help strap down cargo without running bungees over the
>painted cowls.  Dos anyone know WHAT screws into the holes?

those holes are for the seat cowl.  Tabs in the back of the seat cowl,
bolts in from.