Re: Whaddaya shift at???

> Even in the twisties, I like to keep it around 4k -6k.  The bike easily
> accelerates out of corners and slows by letting off the gas.  These bikes
> have enough torque, that I rarely have to shift.
>
> Tyler

When enjoying myself in the twisties I like to keep it between
6,000 - 7,000 because this is where, for me, throttle control is at its
optimum level. Both to ease off for slowing down when a bend is tighter than
expected, and also for accelerating out of  bend with good power.

Some people like to go higher, but I am not a racer and this works for me.

In town or in more relaxed mode I never get above 5,000. That's the great
thing about the ST, there is useable power right through the range so you
can relax (4k to 5k), be spirited (6k to 7k) or go crazy (8k to 9k). The
ST -
whatever style you like.

Robert Wilson
London