36,000 mile valve check-fuel leak

While doing the 36,000 mile valve check (all still within spec) I decided to
try to repair the leak in the fuel sender. I cut off the plastic around the
wires and noted the first problem with the original installation. The
(epoxy?) they used to seal the wires runs down the wires for 1/8 inch or so,
when the wire bends (there is not much room between the bottom of the tank
and the engine at that point) it cracks the epoxy, now you have a leak. I've
noted that mine will leak pretty good sometimes and nearly none at other
points. Now I'm assuming that was dependent on how the wires were resting at
any one point in time. What I'm trying is removing the old excess then
covering then bending the wires to a 90 degree so they lay against the
sender, then using epoxy to seal and keep it in place. I'll let you know how
this works out in a few days.

Paul & Dee
Madd Dawg & Dinky Dawg
1999 Sprint ST