Under the kennel sewer pipe

PIPELINE EXHAUST

For those interested Eric and I are compiling pictures and commentary to aid
in your decision to purchase and Install the system.  I have had the system
for a few months and will strive to be objective.

General impressions:
For those of you that like quiet exhaust this may not be for you.  Somewhat
louder than the Triumph sport can.  I would place it in a category slightly
below the level of a D&D or Two Brothers. At speeds above 50 it quiets down,
barely noticeable at 80 with ear plugs. For those complaining of heat, Ditto.
I have noticed an increase in heat on the right side and also in the seat
over time but not uncomfortable.  I have tested it in 100+ temps. Below 80 I
hardly notice it. Stop and go might increase the heating concerns.  I have
not been one of those complaining about the ST being Hot!
The pipes are glass packed, but could be repacked by drilling some rivets.
The system works with the Hard Bags.
The system comes complete with all hardware bolts etc. Instructions are
included
but minimal.

Visuals:
This is a subjective matter.  I have received many complements and I feel It
enhances the single sided swing arm and wheel of the ST.

Performance:
Weight savings 5 - 8 lbs. Certain brackets are removed along with rear half
of plastic storage area. More details to follow on installation.
Triumph performance tune about 5 HP gain.
Speed Triple Tune 10 - 12 HP gain have 3 dyno runs and will post with install
info to mods section via Eric.  I'm currently running the Triumph perf. tune.
 Some ?'s as to voiding warranty could arise by running Triple tune. You will
also loose the fuel gauge and warning light using Triple tune.

Criticisms:
If I had to find a bone to pick it would be in the area of quality, quality
control.  The welds that connect the exit pipes to the muffler are not the
best.  On my system the same exit pipes do not match in length by about 1/4
inch. The welds on the connector pipe were also visible in some places.  Last
but not least concerns this connector pipe.  There are several critical
fabrication tolerance points. One is with respect to center line of the bike
the other where the pipe comes close to the rear brake master cylinder. Mine
was touching the lower mounting bolt hole. The CL was also off making it
difficult to align the exit pipes with the center of the bike. There is very
little adjustment in this respect. More on how to correct these problems if
needed later.  All these areas could be improved with tighter tolerances and
quality control. One other area of improvement is in the heat shielding, I
have some suggestions later in the install notes.

Overall:
It may seem to some that I'm nit picking but after reading some of the
comments on the list I get the impression this is a demanding group.  Overall
I like the system.  Looks great, sounds great, performance, priced right, you
be the judge check it out at the Rallye 2000 .

Pipeline: Fred was a pleasure to deal with, although hard to understand, love
the accent. The system was delivered as promised about 30 days after he
received payment. When purchased about $1,100.00 Aud including shipping. In
my case this was a plus due to the exchange rate.  I just figured the rate of
exchange got a cashiers check in that amount so that when pipeline cashed it
would come to right amount Aud.  Phone 61 413 995 944
Pipeline
c/o Fred
9 Aitken Crt.
Ferntree Gully, Melborn Australia