Re: carbon stuff

At 21:55 25/07/00 -0700, you wrote:

>BTW - Steve - sorry for the previous coffee jab - we all know that you only
>spend "most" of your days drinking coffee ;-)

I'm cutting down to 20 cups a day, and stopped smoking 20 minutes ago!
Just found a dog end - started again....now where's that cup.

>Just wondering if the CF look was the only purpose. It certainly accomplishes
>that well, and they're certainly CF artists, it just ain't my thing...

Each to their own, it gives choice in the market, which is what we
try to aim at. I like to think that we can offer alternatives to the
factory list of parts.

>Funny; Steve must have been reading my mind. Just yesterday I was
>thinking that a CF front sprocket guard would nicely compliment my JL CF
>rear hugger!

The new cf cover even has the gear pattern in it.

>>Just noticed my belly pan has melted through, this might be a good
>>alternative if it would hold up to the heat of the headers....  anybody know
>>about that angle?
>
>I'm sure Steve will be able to comment.

That is strange it has not been a problem that we have had. I checked
with our service manager this morning and we have not had a warranty issue.
So it begs the question what are you guys doing to them?
The 595/955i fairings that we sell have never had a problem either.

The carbon that the manufacturer uses is English weave, exported to Italy
and crafted there. The moulds are alloy and the parts are made under
high pressure, so you end up with a very light piece. The manufacturer
does not use the inside mounting bolt for the belly pan as it is so light,
however the bracket is there if you want to use it.

Think that answers all the queries.

Take care y'all

Steve.