RE: earplugs

That test in MCN was 4 years ago.  At least those loud guitars, power tools
and motorcycles haven't damaged your memory, Matt!  Motorcycle Consumer News
just did an update on earplugs in this month's (August) issue.  They
compared $15 ER20 earplugs from Rider Wearhouse to the cheap $1 a pair
Hearos.  They still like the Hearos the best (that's what they picked back
in the 1996 test).

But the Rider Wearhouse catalog does sell a sampler pack with a number of
different earplugs in it.  So if you can't get or don't like the Hearos, try
the sampler pack to get an assortment.  Should find something in there to
suit everyone.  Number is 800-222-1994.

Mort Harries
Haworth NJ