Re: Throttlemeister -- Why did I wait so long?

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 14:17:39 -0400, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, The Flowers wrote:
>

>  Wimp, for the first 1 1/2 months when I moved to texas I was without
>  a cage. Rain or shine, I did all my shopping, etc.  on my ZX6e.
>  You of course know that that did not even have hard luggage. The
>  only time I had help was when I needed some lumber supplies for my
>  first entertainment centre. 1x6x8' boards would be interesting on
>  the back of a bike though. Hey, I could even make it to TV :-)
>
>  Thomas
>

>  /***************************************************
>  Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
>  QNX Software Systems Inc.
>  5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
>  V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664
>  ****************************************************/

Thomas,

I'll up the ante on this one (although someone out there can do better).
Five years straight with a bike as primary transportation (part of it was in
college, so that might not count). And as we all know, in Texas, it takes
five minutes to dump eight inches of rain. Then wait 15 minutes for the sun
to come out and dry it up in another five minutes.

I actually had the pleasure of riding in a sleet storm for about ten miles
back in the late 80's on my FZ700. And yes, it was uphill in both
directions.

It's nice to finally have a reliable vehicle, with a top, that I can take
out in inclement weather and leave the bikes in the garage.

**One more thing, anyone else out there notice that the ST sounds like a
diesel at idle, or am I just losing another piece of my mind?

Frank
'00 ST aka "BRIT BK"
'92 FLHS aka "Geezer Glide"