Re: No Start

Rick "Horn Dawg" wrote:

> Ok, my bike had been sitting for several weeks since my CO trip, and when
> went out there this morning to start it; no go.  It turns over fine, but
with
> a different sound.  The first couple revolutions were fine and then it
went
> to a higher pitched whine and that's all I get when I crank it now.  At
first
> sounded almost as though the starting pinion gear wasn't hitting the
flywheel
> gear, but I doub't that is it.  It is cranking.  So does this sound like
the
> fule sender to anybody?  Other ideas?

Sounds like a battery that hasn't got enough charge to pull in the starter
properly - the whining is just the starter motor spinning without turning
the engine.  Look at the instrument lights and you'll probably see they are
dimmer than usual.  Take the battery out and charge it - don't keep trying
to start the bike, or eventually the computer will see the low voltage,
store it as an error code and switch on the fault light.  Then you'll have
to go to a dealer to get the error code deleted to switch off the engine
fault light.  Happened when I left my bike for a few weeks in the spring.

Neil