Re: Transporting your bike

>Someone mentioned recently that their grips had moved along the bars after
>their bike was transported tied down on a trailer.  It occurred to me at the
>weekend that if the same thing happened to heated grips, it might well
>damage the heating element.  It's probably better not to tie down bikes
>using ropes around the bars if you have heated grips.

I was the one that mentioned it, and the bike involved has heated grips.
Also the tie downs weren't attached directly to the bars but rather to a
web doohickey thing that keeps the tiedown straps away from the fairing.
Unfortunately the manufacturer of the doohickey thing doesn't put a label
on the device so it will have to remain known as the web doohickey thing
unless someone else knows who makes it.

The bike has been trailered twice. Several hundred miles for a track day,
and 25 miles back to the dealer for a leaky fuel sender. The heated grips
still work.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com