Re: Another reason to Love my ST.

As an owner of both makes, I have to put in my two cents.

I've got the ST as well as a '92 FLHS. Bottom line is different bikes -
different purposes. If I'm going out riding with a couple of buddies of
mine, or for the afternoon with the fiance, I take the Harley for "lazy"
riding. My Jeep is probably faster than Milwaukee's finest, but it's not
nearly as laid back.

The ST tends to come out when I'm alone. I really don't need to describe the
feeling because you all know what I'd be saying. One thing is for sure -
there is no such as "lazy" riding on the ST.

Two final notes:

1. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to do more than a cam and carb mods to a
Harley unless it runs on nitromethane.

2. Buddy of mine (Harley nut) fell victim to the s**t eatin' grin syndrome
after a half hour on the ST.

Frank
'00 ST aka "BRIT BK"
'92 FLHS aka "Geezer Glide"

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:21:11 -0500, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  I went on a Pre-Sturgis, "Harley Davidson Only" ralley yestarday.  There
>  were probably 400 bikes.  Out of the group the was only two non-harley's,
my
>  Triumph and a poor guy on his Yamaha.  About 20 miles into the 120 mile
ride
>  we stopped to refresh.  Oneo fhte Harley Riders asked to take my ST for a
>  ride in exchange for his souped-up Harley.

<snip>