the battle

Well, the battle lines were drawn as i went to Simi Valley Cycle to
confront the manager about the continued delay in getting my Sprint
fixed.

I contacted the Manager and told him that i wanted my motorcycle back as
they had yet to touch it after 10 days for a 1/2 day job.  WE went out
to the service area and talked to the mechanic who is also their boat
mechanic.  The Mechanic told me that he never had the work order for my
bike in his box, the other triumph mechanic had been out and the service
manager was also gone for the week.  So they promised me that they would
have it done by SAt noon.

I woke up this morning and called the dealer about my bike.  To my shock
they said that it was done.  So i drove out there, got the bike and
amongst numerous apologies from the manager, service manager, and
mechanic i prepared to reacquaint myself with my motorcycle.  Just as i
am about to climb aboard a man walks up and asks me if it was my bike,
which i either thought was the stupidest question in the world or i was
just over tired from the night before.  i of course said yes and he
asked me how i liked it.  with the manager of the shop standing there
looking at me with the " o God i hope he doesn't' destroy my sale look"
on his face... i told the guy that i loved the bike that i would not
have bought another bike and that i enjoyed the hell out of it.  With a
relieved look on his face i looked at the manager and a simple
phrase...you owe me...and off i rode to Cupids to fill myself with 2
great hot dogs.....

yes there is a happy ending after all, just don't ask me how i feel
about their service department.

Jim K