Re: scuff?

<TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> In a message dated 5/31/00 10:05:37 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << Oh, and I found a scuff on the lower right belly pan.  I guess I'm
> getting good lean despite the stock tires.  Now I've got to work on the
> front suspension.  I'd already increased the front preload, but
> obviously I can go higher yet.

I said that.

> Yes I found a lesion on my right belly pan, too, but my diagnosis is
thermal
> injury, due to proximity to the exhaust header. (Not that you aren't
getting
> great lean, of course) Dave Collins, San Diego

Mine is definately NOT a heat lesion.  I had the unfortunate personal
experience of learning what happens to the beautiful blue bodywork on my
bike as it meets a solid, abrasive surface at speed.  The scuff on the right
bellypan half is just like the mess I made of the left last year.  :-(  But
it was caused by something completely different.  :-)
- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"