RE: Sports Throw-over Panniers

Robert

I looked at the same options.

I eventually went for the Triumph Throw-Overs and find them wonderful. They
are designed for the ST & RS although I have seen publicity shots of them on
a TT600 too. Having said that, they had them fitted back to front on the
TT600.

The bags are claimed to be 36ltr capacity and that is probably right.
Contoured to fit around (above) the can and look real neat. Fitting is a
breeze. Remove the seat, fit the harness and clip the bags on. Takes all of
2 minutes. Initial fit is a little longer as the bags come complete with
pre-formed panel protectors for the seat fairing. It means removing the rear
body work to fit the attachment brackets for the protectors. Once done
though the protectors can be fitted and removed in 30 seconds! One other
thing if you have a rear seat cowl, you need to remove it to fit the
harness.

The bags come with built in foul-weather covers. I love em. Have used them
quite a few times and wouldn't go back to hard bags again now. Can't stand
the look of the mountings when the cases are not fitted.

Cost £170 from my dealer.

Dave McCarthy
Sapphire Blue 00

Had enough, gone out on the bike!!!