re: Help! Heat problem

>  From: "Harries, Mort" <mort.harries@xxxxxx>, on 06/05/2000 12:27:
>  Jim,
>
>  I'm one of the crazy people who was out riding my bike last July 4th, when
>  it was 106 F here (and humid).  What I don't like is my knees having to be
>  in contact with parts of the bike that are, at a guess, 150 F or more.
>  So how do you handle it in Texas?  Asbestos lined pants?  Remove the belly
>  pan?  Or are all you Texans stoic  and leathery like in the old Westerns??
>  ;-)
>

>  Mort Harries

	Honestly I don't notice it unless I'm stopped in traffic. Fortunately
my commute requires only a couple of brief stops - usually only half a minute
to a minute max. The midsection of my commute is a nice, new 5 lane freeway
that hums along nicely at 80+ mph (59N from the new ballpark to FM1960 for
those who're wondering - I work in the medical center and live in Spring). I
wear just jeans on my lower body for commuting, though I do wear a Vanson
full-perf jacket, gloves, and a helmet.

YMMV,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"