Re: Heat from a Daytona

I have both, a 98 955i and a mid 99 Sprint. The Daytona is much hotter than
the Sprint. The fact that the collectors live outside the fairing makes no
difference. It is the emission of heat from the engine that is the issue it
seems, and as the Daytona engine lives in a smaller fairing, and puts out
more heat because it is a higher horsepower engine, you get cooked.
Perth Australia sounds like Texas heat wise, so in summer both bikes are hot
to ride.
Which doesnt explain why I then made the Daytona hotter by fitting an
underseat exhaust, does it? Hot as I am, boy I am happy with the sound and
the look.
Simon