Silver wheelie machine

     Gentlemen,

     Recent research by myself and my good lady has led to evidence to
     support Kens theory. I would however advocate caution as to the
     location of the proposed red stripes (See below). As the only (to
     my knowledge) on-list-owner of a Red and Silver ST I can confirm
     that Silver is the fastest colour, Black is the slowest colour and
     Red is somewhere firmly in between.

     The first stage of this research involved the installation of the
     silver belly pan. (This also happened to correspond to the installation
     of the performance pipe and re-tune). I immediatly noticed that the ST
     was much more prone to lifting its front wheel under hard acceleration.
     I accredit this to the following facts.
     [1] that the Silver paint is moving significantly faster than the Red.
     [2] Since the belly pan is mounted below and forward of the pivot point
     the resulting motion is a counter clockwise rotation. (This is
     obviously why I have experienced no stress fracturing of my bodywork)

     The extension of the research was to add fully loaded luggage to
     the ST for my recent trip to England and Wales. The boxes have
     large expances of the slower black finish, particularly my 45L all
     black Givi topbox. Since the black was now above and behind the
     pivot point the Sluggish Black and Rapid Silver were now working
     in concert to pivot the entire machine about the rear axle and
     keep the front wheel facing firmly skywards out of every slow
     corner.

     I feel unable to comment on the stylish sapphire machines as the
     only blue on my bike came her good self as she tried to find new
     ways to express her displesure at the newfound hue-augmented
     handling characteristics of our mount.

     So there you have it gentlemen, that Silver is significantly
     faster than Black is now a proven fact! There is no other
     conceivable explanation for the behaviour of my trusty triple. I
     hope that my research will help to dispel any misconceptions some
     of may have been labouring under with regard to the colours of
     your machines.

     Best Regards
     Howlin' Dawg

Ken wrote:
I may not be able to handle the mind numbing speeds created by the
silver paint. I may have to put some RED stripes on it to slow it down
considerably  ; )

Matt wrote:
Silver must be the slowest color of all since the fork problem has been
noted on all color of bikes.I don't remember whose it is, but one of us
has painted their belly pan silver. I would recommend removing it, before
you cause serious damage to your bike!

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software