Re: Question for CA Riders

>Was wondering if anyone has looked into importing a bike from Canada recently.
>The exchange rate is awfully good (about 1.5 CAN to 1 US) and even with the
>3-3.5% duty could be some serious cost savings. The only hitch, of course, is
>the emissions crap.

Motorcycle Consumer News had a great article recently about importing bikes
from Canada. The author brought in a Suzuki SV650S, because he wanted that
version rather than the SV650 that the US gets. (Something I totally
understand, as I almost settled on buying the SV650 except that they were
taking so long to get any in the dealers. Impatiently, I started looking at
other bikes, test rode the ST, and you all know the rest.)