Re: Martin's trip

>Has anyone had the unfortunate experience of having been stung on the face
>whilst wearing a half open visor on a full face helmet?

For my height (6'-0"), on both my ST and the Katana I had before it, the
airflow over the fairing is such that bees and other nasty critters can be
sucked up into the helmet even with the visor closed.

One time on my Katana I had a bee sucked into the helmet, on the impact
with my face it dropped down into my jacket right at the neck, and as I was
furiously pulling over and trying to get my gloves off I got stung.

Another time I was riding with a group of friends and one guy who can
normally hang with me just disappeared after one corner. Expecting to find
that he had mechanical problems, I turned around and went looking for him.
He was on the side of the road jumping up and down in pain. Seems a bee had
got him in the neck too.

I've also had numerous bugs come in through the vents above the faceshield,
some alive, most dead.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - San Jose, CA

End of st-digest V2000 #276