Fw: Throttle response during downshifts

I don't think this response/message got posted to the ST list, so here it is

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Bird, Garry" <BIRD@xxxxxxx>
To: <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: June 8, 2000 7:27 AM
Subject: Throttle response during downshifts

> Hey Neil:  Take a look in the searchable archives for either "dead engine"
or "stepper motor".  If you look at "stepper motor", you will find a note I
posted as a response to someone's query as to why their motor went dead on
them.  It was my best guess and it has happened to me a few times.  I can
also say that when I was in LA at SouthBay Triumph, the mechanic commented
that they all do it and it is a 'glitch' that can't be programmed out.  My
cure is to keep the throttle just a tad above idle when downshifting.  This
will keep the fuel injection system off of the idle circuit and in the main
circuit.