Fw: Throttle response during downshifts

I don't think this response/message got posted to the ST list, so here it is

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Bird, Garry" <BIRD@xxxxxxx>
To: "'Neil Lindsey'" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: June 8, 2000 9:19 AM
Subject: RE: Throttle response during downshifts

> Hi Neil:  I've got the latest tune in my bike and the 'glitch' remains.  I
did ride a friend's Speed Triple just the other day and didn't notice it
happening with his bike.  I might have to take it for another spin.  Maybe I
was keeping the RPM's higher and didn't notice.  If it doesn't, then I will
likely pursue Triumph for a fix.

> >So I assume that you would suggest not bothering to try a more recent
tune?
> By all means, go ahead and have the latest tune installed.  Especially if
the dealer can do it while they are doing other work on your bike.  That way
they shouldn't charge you for it and you get the benefit of the latest
modifications to the program.

> >What was Triumph's official response or did you simply accept the word of
one mechanic.
> Well, since I had already let my local dealer go over the bike to cure
this ailment and everything checked out 100% and then another mechanic 2000
miles away tells me that the 'ST's' have this glitch and that's the way it
is I tend to think that maybe it is a glitch that is inherent in the fuel
injection system.

> You're right about asking Triumph for a fix.  We should.  Problem is, they
take so damn long to do anything or even respond that I choose not to waste
much of  my energy on this particular problem...I've adapted my riding
around this little problem and it really doesn't cause me any problems.

> One thing, I was considering installing a Dynajet computer for some added
performance and as a bonus it may even solve this situation.  Maybe.

> Garry Bird
> bird@xxxxxxx

I'm
> really surprised that more people haven't mentioned it.  So I assume that
> you would suggest not bothering to try a more recent tune?  If this
'glitch'
> cannot be be programmed out, does this necessarily mean that nothing else
> can be done?  What was Triumph's official response or did you simply
accept
> the word of one mechanic.  I've talked to one mechanic in Washington state
> that doesn't believe that 'they all do it' or that it can't be cured.
>
> And, as was mentioned in these archived posts, I've also noticed the
> 'bumpiness' of the engine at low rpm while decelerating or riding with the
> throttle at a minimum.  If that's caused by the same thing, all the more
> reason to ask Triumph for a fix.
>
> Neil

This