Re: Throttle response during downshifts

Garry,

I think the parts guy may be mistaken. I know that triumph changed stepper
motors, but it was in 99 if I remember correctly. The old motors (98>) had
a resolution of 12 degrees (each step moved it 12 degrees) while the 99 and
up models have stepper motors with resolutions of 5 degrees. I know this is
definitely true with the speed triple and 955 - I can't see why it wasn't
put into the ST as well.

I will do some more checking to be sure.

As for the ECU, it was changed because the MC1000 is smaller and lighter
than the MC2000 and this change allows it to be used in all the FI bikes.

- - Eric