Re: Yippee, Yippee, Ouch!

<< It took hours for me to get to the emergency room and receive a diagnosis.
 Fibia broken clean through about six inches above the heel, and Tibia
cracked at the bottom.  8 screws, 4 inch plate, and no load bearing cast for
three weeks.  Lots of morphine the fist night after surgery, and now Vicadin
and percoset.   >>

Hi there, Greg,
 I'm sorry to hear of your accident.  Just to compare my old damage and
treatment, it seems you've got the best treatment.  In 1976 the crash bars on
bikes weren't so good and mine crushed my left leg on impact with a van.  I
ended up with an open tibia fracture in a few places, but the fibula wasn't
broken.  At first, even after xray they thought both bones were broken (Kings
College Hospital, London) and sent me down to theatre for traction.  When
they opened me up they realised their mistake and just put a full leg plaster
on and sent me home the following day!!!  Several weeks later an xray showed
up complete nonhealing and floating bones and all that time wasted!!!  I had
to have a bone graft from my hip and the bone was plated.  It took months in
total to heal and a scar from my knee to my ankle plus a scar on my hip.  So,
at least they did the best job straight away.  You'll soon be on your feet,
the plate will give you very quick healing.   Regards, Ann 'combrogi' dawg,
Kent, Britain.