Re: Triumph (datatool) alarm question

<<  So when I had the alarm installed at the dealer he gave me a
 plug that supposedly disabled the alarm.  Anyone have a similar thing?
  Anyone used it, and could tell me where to plug it?  (on the bike you
 sickos).  >>

Hi Jong,
no, but I've had the unfortunate experience of lack of response to the
datatool controller 3 times.  The first time was when parked in a carpark
full of cars.  It took an hour of fiddling with the controller until it
finally responded.  I'd called the RAC and was embarrassed to find it
responded just when the Aye Gee rescue van rolled up.  I was told that other
car alarms can shuffle the ?sequenced message on your alarm.  The second two
times were at the same garage when stopping to fill up with petrol.  The
garage has a showroom and presumably building and car alarms in abundance.
It took ages to get the alarm to respond to the controller.  The battery was
okay.  Has anyone had this experience as well with the datatool or any other
make of alarm? Ann