Re: Triumph shops in the SW

"Otaiwan (Tai) Day" wrote:

> I will, more than likely, be riding through Phoenix. I plan to ride through on
> hwy 10 through AZ. At Deming, NM, I I plan on taking 180 through Gila National
> Forest, then take 12 to 60 and back on I-25 to Sante Fe.

Now you're talkin' about my back yard.  May I suggest a slight change
of route.  Instead of 180 at Deming, take 191 at Wilcox, AZ and enjoy
one of Arizona's best kept secrets beginning at Clifton.  This road is
one of the perfect biking roads and is good enough to make Car and
Driver's 100 best. For a better description than I could give go to
http://www.caranddriver.com/bestroads/   select Arizona and Road #2-
Coronado Trail.  I regularly spend my weekends in this part of the
state during the summer months to escape the heat of the desert.
Route 191 used to be route 666 until a few years ago when it was
changed to 191 for the political correctness crowd.  Area motorcyclist
still refer to it as "The Beast".

Be aware that summer month afternoon temperatures along Interstate 10
will be 105-115 range.  Zonies deal with it by altering sleeping habits
to be ready to ride at dawn when temps are 20-30 degrees cooler and
then ending for the day early.  Also, Tucson has a good BMW/Triumph
shop called Iron Horse Motorcycles http://www.ironhorsemotorcycles.com/

- -Gary
Tucson, Arizona