Re:Yippee, Yippee, Ouch!

At 08:03 PM 6/10/00 +1000, Mick Tuck wrote:
>BTW, no one mentioned about taking off the centre stand so I'm
>interested in knowing this.. What scrapes first the body work or the
>stand?  (or perhaps this was just a problem with the past model Sprint)

I am a little surprised that the techs did make him remove it. While the
centerstand on the old sprint will touch much sooner than on the ST (you
would have to grind through a lot on the ST to make it touch) you are
relying on a couple of springs to hold it in place. I would feel much more
comfortable having it removed. Plus, now that you are thinking about it, it
would be on your mind the entire track day - better to just remove it and
enjoy the track.

- - Eric