Clutch rod problems

Yesterday I ran into problems with my clutch. At a red light, while in
neutral, I pulled in the clutch in order to put her into first. Surprise,
surprise! The clutch lever just fell straight to the grip!  I told my friend
next to me at the light that I lost my clutch. It wasn't easy to pull to the
side of the rode in city traffic in Stockholm! After a quick examination, I
found out that the clutch wire was perfectly okay. What I did find was that
the clutch rod was loose! It was a couple of millimeters higher than it
usually is. You could lift it up and slide it back down! Not a good sign.
Before this "problem" arose, I've been having problems with oil blowing by
the seal for the clutch rod. Hummmmm ...... I wonder if it had something to
do with it? I ended up riding her home without the clutch.

Has anyone else had this problem with oil blowing by the clutch rod?

Has anyone lost their clutch like this?

Hopefully it's just a simple locking ring or something like that, that's
causing the rod to disengage.

Kyle
Stockholm Sweden
99 ST "Black Widow"