Re: Fuel Sender and False Neutral Issues

At 05:32 PM 6/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Ok, so I've experienced my first couple of problems with the ST, now at 550
>miles.

>The second thing is that today on a ride I got false neutrals several times
>under acceleration, either between 4th and 5th or between 5th and 6th.
>This was all the more disturbing because it caused the bike to rev way
>beyond the break-in level (I've kept strictly to the recommended break-in
>procedure before today, and now hoping that revving it a couple of times
>with 500 carefully ridden miles on it already won't hurt it.)  Anyone else
>experience this and/or figure out anything you could do about it other than
>hit the shifter extra hard when accelerating quickly?
>
>  -- J

I've experienced the false neutral between 5th and 6th a few times
in the first 600 miles of my ST, but I blame it on lazy shifting on my part.

I've noticed that up shifting is very definite from 1st - 5th, but 5th to 6th
feels like the shift lever barely moves, and I have to be firm with it for a
clean shift.

Dan Wolf
Blue '00 ST
Longmont, CO