Re: Sprint ST Purchase

Eric,
I thought you might find this story interesting as you were kind enough to
reply to my first post regarding my wife's purchase of her '00 Sprint ST.
The May long weekend we were travelling on our bikes in southern British
Columbia when we stopped in the steady rain in Kaslo, B.C. for breakfast. A
family sat down next to us and asked us if the bikes parked outside were
ours. From our conversation it turned out this family had just recently
immigrated to Canada from Belgium where the father, Renaat, had owned a
Trophy 1200. He had just returned from pricing new Trophys' in Kelowna, B.C.
and we told him we would get some prices for him on the bike from our local
dealers. We exchanged numbers and a few days later he made an offer on my
bike, a '96 Trophy, and we accepted his offer. After riding my wife's Sprint
I new this was the bike for me but I didn't think it would happen as fast as
it did. In a week from our telephone conversation he came with his family
and drove the bike back to B.C. Our dealer had one remaining ST in the shop
and my wife (she is the one in our household who drives a hard bargain)
purchased this bike for the same price as her '00 bike with heated grips, a
tank protector, hard bags, and the rear rack. I am picking the bike up
tonight at the shop and in the space of three weeks we purchased about
$30,000 Canadian dollars worth of two Sprint STs. We both are devoted
Triumph fanatics and are looking forward to riding together.

I have to run as I coach my daughter's soccer team and we have to get to a
game but I appreciate all your efforts with the website and the list. If you
are interested I could send a picture to you if you want of the two of us
with our bikes.
end

Rob Poole
Red '99 ST