Re: Back rest install.

>Has anyone on the list installed the backrest pad onto the ST topbox?  It
>comes with 2 short machine screws...  Is that enough, or should I also
>(only?) use glue/epoxy?

The two bolts seem to hold it ok, but I wish they had used four, one on
each corner so that it would stay flush to the box. The sticky tape is
useless after awhile.

>How do the bolt holes effect the waterproofing?

Other than washing it, the bike hasn't been in the rain with the top box
on. If I was really concerced I would probably caulk the holes, or maybe
even put a bead of caulking all the way around the pad.

I can say I haven't seen any water penetrate from washing it.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - San Jose, CA