RE: Outranked by Major Engine Damage - the Final Chapter

Rick,
   Mickey and Eric are pretty good wrenches for sure.
   I would like to point out though that the people you really had a problem
with was the dealer.  You should insist to the point of small claims
court/arbitration that they refund your diagnostic fee.  The issue isn't
with Shell(head of service at TOA)at triumph.  There is a discussion with
the dealer and Shell on major warranty issues.  All Shell can deal with is
what the dealer says is the problem.
   The dealership is actually guilty of insurance fraud and the DA for the
region should be made aware of such.
   Bureau of Automotive Repair should be notified and the shop should be
checked as to whether or not they are even registered with them.  It is a
violation if they are not and they can be made to pay fines if they still
work on vehicles without being registered.
   I don't know if the Bureau even has "jurisdiction" over motorcycles.  If
you will remember there was some discussion over the fact motorcycles aren't
listed under CA lemon laws.
   Food for thought...