Re: CO setting

At 12:45 PM 6/16/00 -0700, Neil Lindsey wrote:
>I seem to remember seeing a post just recently that suggested that Triumph
>has revised the correct CO setting range.  It may have been on the T5 list
>digest.  If it makes a difference, I'm only interested in the setting for my
>'99 ST.

Triumph has sent a bulletin which recommends a level of 3% for all the new
tunes, so this would apply to the ST as well.

 >PS.  There was also a suggestion that you need to use an exhaust gas
>analyzer to ensure that it's right.  Is this true, or can you just use the
>Gameboy?

This is a must - the "gameboy" only has reference numbers - for example, my
bike at 3% might show 22 on the "gameboy" while your bike set at 3% might
show 38. It must - must - must be set with a gas analyzer. As I stated in
my previous post, my similar problem with a 509 was cured after the dealer
got a hold of a gas analyzer and used it instead of guessing for the right
spot. It can be a big expense for some smaller dealers, but if they only
realized how much better they could make the bikes run, they all would have
them.

I still believe that Triumph should include a gas analyzer in the new
dealer kit - it should not be left as an option for the dealer to acquire.

- - Eric