Re: Metzeler MEZ4 review (short)

"Jonathan Schulster" <Schulster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just completed about 600km on the new MEZ4 (2000 model).  Had a fun trip
> from the Rhein (Wiesbaden - Diez/Limburg) winding along the B54 - 50km of
> varying twisties with very little traffic.  Neil Anderson and LB were
following -
> but apparently having problems keeping up in corners (10-20kmh down in
> speed on worn M90X Macadams)

Nothing to do with the tyres, I just corner like a slug!  (and I'm sure Marc
deVries and the others I met in Belgium will agree!)  Even the Lovely
Ballast is starting to ask me to speed up.  Must be that safety training I
did last month - it's made me safe and even slower.

Seriously, the Michelin Macadams have nearly 8,000 km on them so far, quite
a lot at high speed on Autobahn, and they now have a nice flat bit in the
middle.  Is that why there's a loud "clunk" every time I lean into a corner?
;-)

Neil