Tunes & CO settings

Dear All,

There have been quite a few posts lately regarding the latest tunes and CO
settings for the Sprints, so basically to set the record straight:
The 1999 Sprint ST (Up to Vin No. 89,736) uses the MC2000 ECM
The 2000 Sprint ST & RS (After Vin No. 89,737) uses the smaller MC1000 ECM

Although the 2 ECM perform the same tasks the programming is different and
the Tunes are not interchangeable. The latest tune version is Issue No. 9
and the Tune numbers are as follows:
1999 Sprint ST
9888	Production silencer without Cat
9889	Production silencer with closed loop Cat (Germany)
9890	Aftermarket silencer

2000 Sprint ST/RS
10017	Production silencer without Cat
10020	Production silencer with closed loop Cat (Germany)
10021	Aftermarket silencer

We have also revised our CO setting on all EFI 3 cylinder engines to 3% +/-
0.25%. To set the CO the following tasks should be undertaken in the
following order:
*	Always balance the throttle bodies before any adjustment
*	Always begin the procedure when the engine is cold (Coolant temp
below 50 degrees C)
*	Ensure that the low fuel warning light is not eliminated (Add fuel
if necessary)
*	Ensure that the motorcycle has been parked without running the
engine for at least 2 hours
*	Reset the closed throttle position using the Diagnostic tool
(Gameboy)
*	Ensure that the headlights are turned off (Remove fuses in markets
where no light switch is fitted)

*	Adjust the CO setting until a stable reading of 3% +/- 0.25% is seen
on the CO meter

PLEASE NOTE

THE TUNE REVISIONS ARE DESIGNED TO BE UPDATED AT SCHEDULED SERVICES, THEY
HAVE NOT BEEN SENT AS SERVICE BULLETIN, PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND AND DONT
ALL RUSH DOWN TO YOUR DEALER FOR THE UPDATE!
THE TUNES ARE RELEASED AS A GENERAL ENHANCEMENT/UPDATE AND ARE NOT
PERFORMANCE RELATED.

On a final note we cannot stress enough that the system needs to be set on a
calibrated CO meter, 99% of bike running poorly can be attributed to poor
set-up, after all this is a finely set high tech piece of equipment we are
talking about that makes 3 million calculations per second!. It cannot be
set without the correct calibrated equipment.
CO meters must be in good condition (Filters changed and correctly
calibrated)

I trust that this answer some of your queries

Ross

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com