Re: Broken down ST

Leatherbiker  <leatherbiker@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Jim
> Well, the other long shot is that when I had my Trophy, that actually
> packed up completely after a long morning of torrential rain, as some
> moisture finally managed to penetrate the circuitry under the starter
> switch, all of which had to be replaced ... but I doubt that's your
> problem on the ST.

    I've been on the phone to Jack Lilley's service department, where
Chris (the manager) reckons it could be a loose, broken or corroded
connection to the starter solenoid.  I'm going to sneak out of work
early today and check what I can this evening.

    I have the top rack fitted; does anyone know if I'll have to remove
it to get to the solenoid?  Chris said that the solenoid is under the
battery compartment.

    Thanks again everyone,

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_             All I need to buy now is some Ability,
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___   and I'll be sorted.
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                          -- Craig Dalkin