Re: Bulbs

> I was thinking of getting brighter headlight bulbs, the ones that =
> emulate Xenon, but not those cheese ball rice rocket blue ones, can =
> anyone suggest a brand/part number and place to buy them in So. Cal?

I can suggest what to avoid. I bought Parts Unlimited's Xenon XP3 bulbs (the
ones with the candlepower symbol). Though they cost 2-3x the price of a
regular bulb, but I perceived only a very small difference in the quantity
and quality of the light emitted. I discovered this by replacing the bulb in
only one of the twin headlights and leaving the other with the stock 55/60.
I went back and read its catalog description again: "30-40% increase in
PERCEIVED light". In my opinion, I don't think they're worth the $40/pr.

Piaa doesn't make xenon bulbs, but they do make "super white" halogen bulbs.
They are a bit more expensive than the xenon bulb, but I hear they're pretty
good. I'll probably try them next when these xenon bulbs burn out. They know
that CalBMW in Mountainview stocks them, and you can order from their
website. I think they are also available at Marty's BMW in Torrance.

You can also find more information at http://www.tankmaster.com/

Daphne