Gas fumes...

Hi all,
   Just want to say that the info passed on this list is of tremendous
help.  It's quite reassuring to know that most of the problems I have
experienced have been seen before and I can get the info I need to
help diagnose the symptoms.  That being said here's the latest quirk
I have.

  The last three times I've ridden, including this morning, I've noticed
the smell of gas coming from the bike almost immediately upon startup.  It
stays for as long as I'm riding I think but I can only notice at a stop.  I
haven't seen anything dripping out the bottom of the bike so if it is a leak
it must not be that big.  I've also noticed that my fuel economy is dropping
as well.  I'm taking it in for it's 3K service this Wednesday but would like
to know if there is anything I should look at now or if I should be riding
it
at all.

Thanks,

- -Rich