RE: Shift Linkage

Steve,

I adjusted the shift linkage last week to move the shift lever further down,
as I was finding I had to lift my foot off the peg to get my toe on top of
the lever.  While I was at it, I put some grease on the linkages before
putting the little rubber booties back on.  What a difference!  The new
shift position is a lot more comfortable, but it shifts a lot smoother too.
Shifts require a lot less effort, and several times since, I've found myself
trying to shift into first at a stoplight only to find I'm already in first.
The downshift was so effortless, I didn't believe it had happened.

Mort Harries
Haworth NJ
'00 Sprint ST