Re: preperation for longish trip question

  jim> Otterboy  <jong@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
  >> On Friday the 14th of July, I'll be leaving here (seattle, wa, USA)
  >> and heading down to Monterey to present a paper at a conference.

  jim>     Not the ORA Perl Conference 4.0 by any chance?

  Actually, yes, it is.  :)

  >> It's about 1000 miles down I-5, but I'm planning on coming down 101/1,
  >> and then I might try and do a saddlesore on the way home coming up
  >> I-5.
  jim>     Depending on how easy it will be, you might set out with no
  jim> accomodation booked and ride for as long as you feel comfortable on the
  jim> first day and then adjust the following days to suit.

  I have no accomodation plans on the way down, and I have three days
(fri,sat,sun) to come down.  I figure I'll ride till I'm tired, and
then sleep in whatever town I am in.  Coming back is the tricky part,
I will have just roughly two days to get back for a friends wedding.
I told them I might show up in leathers with bleary eyes for the
rehearsal dinner...:)

  jim>     Check your tyres - it's a pain to get new ones during a trip.

  Good addition, thanks.

- --
- -jong