Shift Lever

I've been reading all of the posts regarding removing the linkage shifter
set-up and replacing it with a single pedal connected to the shaft.

After thinking about if for a few minutes, I am not sure this is the best
course of action, but would like to hear views to the contrary.

One thing the linkage set-up does is isolate the shaft from direct forces
that could, in the long term, affect the performance of the transmission.

The linkage set-up ensures that the only movement the shaft encounters is
rotational.

By directly bolting the pedal to the gearbox shaft, the shaft is now subject
to the vertical movements the rider performs in shifting.

As we all know, during spirited riding, this can get quite aggressive and
I'm not sure it has been designed for this.

Nevertheless, I have ordered this part (T2080373) from my Triumph
dealership, but was hoping to hear from someone from Triumph before doing
the switch.

Regards,

SR

2000 Sprint ST (Black)