Full ST Membership.

Keith W Peters <keith_peters@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 4. The Scottoiler does not work. As I am not too technical I think
> this has something to do with no oil being in the system. The dealer
> also forgot to give me the oil and instructions for it.

    Hmmm.  I had a dealer fit a Scottoiler to a previous bike, and also
thought that they had neglected to fill it up.  What they had done was
neglect to route the oil tube properly - it was flapping about close to
the chain, which had sliced it neatly in two.

> 5. The suspension. Yesterday I took the wife out for a spin. As per
> the hand book I adjusted the settings. What an easy job, NOT. The idea
> of poking a screwdriver in a tiny hole while trying to see the screw
> inside is not much fun. Why, oh why did they not give the adjuster a
> knob which would be easier to turn as I can see in time that the screw
> may become damaged as you have to do it be feel and not sight.

    It's not ideal, but I don't have too much trouble adjusting it with
a big flathead screwdriver.

> Maybe I used the wrong tool but adjusting the front pre-load has
> caused a few scuffs at the top of the forks as the screwdriver kept
> slipping and scaring the top of the forks. I will look in the tool kit
> tonight to just check if I should have used something else, otherwise
> I may keep the two up settings all the time.

    Again, I use the biggest screwdriver I have and haven't had any
problems with it slipping.

> Apart from these few areas of concern the bike is a real joy. 160
> miles is a lot less than I was hoping to do but what a great feeling
> of being able to put the bike away knowing that I can now pick and
> choose when to go out and play. Returning to biking after twelve years
> away on what seems to be such a good bike, life can't be too bad.

    Enjoy the bike!

                Jim
- --
       jim@       ,'_            The *true* standard of excellence as
  gillespie.org  / -.--.    ___  regards 4 wheeled vehicles is how many
                _\_  ~-.`--'_.-' racing motorcycles you can shove in the
 '99 Sprint ST \__/ `---'  \__/                           -- Keith McKay