Synthetic Oil

  I an attempt to bring some order and reason  to the discussion
of synthetic vs. natural motor oils, I have compiled  the following
list of Frequently Asked Questions as relates to this  topic:

(1)   Is synthetic oil better for my  engine than natural oil?

(2)   Have any field tests been  run that clearly show that  synthetic
          oil is  better for a car or bike engine than natural oil?

(3)    How much more will a dealer offer me, on a trade in, when
         tell him I used synthetic  oil in my bike or car?

(4)  How about if I really did use  synthetic oil in the old beater?

(5)   Have the  synthetic-oil makers actually solved those early  problems
      that sometimes caused synthetic  oil to break down to a sticky tar?

(6)   The next time I  repave my driveway, should I use synthetic tar or
natural   tar?

(7)   Can I use the synthetic tar that my old synthetic  oil turned into?

(8)   Is there any difference between  "synthetic oil" and "ersatz" oil?

(9)   During the latter part of WWII, the  Germans were forced to run most
of their military vehicles on ersatz  gas....how come they lost?

(10)   If Rider A uses Castrol GTX, and  changes it every 2,500 miles,  and
            Rider  B uses Mobil 1 bike oil and changes it every 20,000
miles, what
should  Rider C use when he rides his bike from Las Angeles to Buenos Aires
this  summer?

(11)   Why do most bike and car makers recommend the same  oil-change
          interval  whether I use synthetic or natural oil?

 (12)  If synthetic  10-dollar oil is so much better that natural 1-dollar
oil,
how come I was given such a hassle when I tried to  pass some
synthetic 10-dollar bills that I made from natural 1-dollar  bills?

(13)  How many engines, in street bikes or cars, have failed  solely due to
engine-oil breakdown?

(14)  Why does Mobil 1  synthetic bike oil cost 5 bucks a quart  more
           than Mobil  1 synthetic car oil?

(15)   What does the statement "I  believe in synthetic oil", really mean?

(16)   What does the  statement "I believe in Mobil 1", really  mean?

(17)   Should I add Synthetic Oil, to God,  Country, and Mom's Apple Pie.
as things I should be willing to die  for?

(18)   Should I add Synthetic Oil, to God, Country,  and Mom's Apple Pie.
as things I should be willing to die  for,
 as long as the  economy stays in good  shape, and I have a job?

(19)   Why isn't synthetic  scotch as popular as synthetic oil?

(20)   Some people claim synthetic oil  does a better job of  keeping
potentially harmful particles in suspension in my engine.
Why  won't this block my oil filter quicker?

(21)  If I eat synthetic  pork chops instead of natural ones, will I keep
cholesterol in suspension in my  blood?

(22)  Since synthetic oil seems to leak out of older  engines faster than
         natural  oils, why does it stick to metal engine surfaces better?

(23) If  synthetic oil is better that natural oils, does this mean
 synthetic  maple syrup is better than natural maple syrup?