RE: Humm....!!!

Dave,
	Brother, when I say I was driving like a car I mean I was only going 5 MPH
over the lane next to me which sharply increased when the lane next to me
started to slow and low and behold I was in the perfect spot to be creamed.
When I ride the bike like a bike I am doing nothing "stationary".  Some of
you folks might call me a squid as I have a tendency to speed up and slow
down rather often and rapidly, but in this case I was cruising at a
relatively constant speed for longer than my normal and all the worst
things were in place.
	I had my high beams on, as I always do at night and in traffic.  I was in
the #1 lane and there was a car way ahead of me and one some distance
behind me.  I was in the middle of the right side of my lane.  The young
gent, in the #2 lane, turned on his signal and I saw one flash, I was
watching him, before he made his change, as he was slowing in his lane.
 Since he was very close to the car ahead of him he made it a very quick
lane change.  If I had a little more room in my lane, or his lane would
have been going a little faster, or he would have looked in his M#$%ER
F*****G mirror this would have been just another close call (as if we need
more of these).  My Baby would be in the garage as she should be and I
would be able to go to work.
	 As my wife constantly points out to me, it doesn't matter how good of a
rider you are when idiots are around you.  I am not perfect.  But I bet
there are some racers out there who feel the same.
* soap box off  -

Martin Retherford
Motion Applications Engineer
Newport Corporation