Re: Daytona Survey

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 01:14:38 EST, you wrote:

>In a message dated 3/5/00 9:55:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>?  What I'm wanting to know is,  Does the
>Harley thing show any signs of weakening?

No.... What you will notice though, is a displacement of the brand of
Harley rider that attends bike week. The "hard core" true Harley
riders who started the whole thing years ago with stringing up
Japanese bikes in trees have gotten a little fed up with what bike
week has become present day. But, for every defector there is at least
two new commers of the white collar, livin the dream, bad ass wanna be
replacements.

The second thing you will notice is that most of the Harley gang
spends it's time around A1A and close to the cozy little biker bars
along the strip as opposed to people with standards, sport bikes and
everything else hanging out around the track and exhibitions. You will
see some integration on both ends but not much.

Disclaimer time:

This is just an observation and not backed up by a shred of scientific
data.

I live 45 minutes from Daytona but I'm stuck in Joplin Mo. on a job.
Did someone on this list say they were from Springfield Mo. recent;y?
If so,is there a place to rent bikes close by? Gettin out for a ride
might soften the blow of missing  bike week even if it's on a hardly
ableson.

Ken Pickett "Runt Dawg"

00ST "Christine"

End of st-digest V2000 #85