To Plug or not to plug that is the Question?

From:	Paul Woodworth <pvwoodworth@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pvwoodworth@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject:	Nail in front tire

My brand new Sprint ST has a nail in the front tire
right next to the center tread line; does anyone know
if a simple plug will cure my problem or do I need a
new front tire?  I have had no air pressure loss over
the last three days.

Paul Woodworth
Atlanta, GA

Paul , 2 days after putting D205's on (at 8000 miles now about 16500) I
caught a nail in my rear tire left center , I had the tire plugged with what
I call a mushroom patch from the inside . This patch has a round section
like a regular patch with the added plug in the middle. Now the guys at Joe
Harrison gave me the standard don't exceed 80 mph but lets just say after ,
1 Big Bend Run , a SS1000 , and numerous runs in the hill country it is
still holding up well. By the look of the  rear I have maybe 1500 left so
far I like the 205's , but I digress. This was all on the rear , I had a
friend run a similar patch/plug on the front of his nighthawk with no
problem ,,,,,but I would have to agree with my fellow listers if you can
afford it replace it , this is a judgement call and you do be the judge. I
figure where the hole is would have a lot to do with the decision , how one
rides etc etc etc.

Good Luck

Perry