  From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Greg
Gagliano
  Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2000 12:14 PM
  To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: Soft Luggage

  I use soft luggage (Chase Harper) mainly due to aesthetics, because 1) I
only use luggage 2 or 3 times a year for trips, 2) I don't like saddlebags
on the bike unless I need them (and I don't use the ST for grocery shopping,
etc) and 3) I really despise the look of the pannier brackets when the bags
are not attached, not to mention the low mounted exhaust which looks "wrong"
to me.  However, if Triumph designed a hidden pannier mounting system as
found on the Honda ST1100, I'd have hard bags, no question.  I think it is
highly unlikely Triumph would design such a system for the ST as the Trophy
would be the likely candidate for that.  Also, if I used luggage often, I
would go with the hard bags.
  GG

  rgw wrote:

    I'm delighted to say that I have just ordered a new black ST. I have
been a member of this list for a couple of weeks now and I enjoy the
information and opinions, though I don't know for how long I'll be able to
read 50+ email messages per day. I am having difficulty deciding on whether
to go for soft or hard luggage. I'm sure hard has greater capacity and is
more waterproof etc., but the throw-over panniers are a little more subtle.
Does anyone have any comments? Regards, Robert WilsonLondon, UK

- ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BF8C27.22660DF0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D526092718-12032000>I've=20
got the 3 bag hard luggage set, and I like it.&nbsp; I'd never go back =
to soft=20
luggage.&nbsp; I leave the 2 side bags on all the time, and only use the =
top bag=20
as needed.&nbsp; I'd suggest the 2 bag system if you are using the ST =
for=20
commuting.&nbsp; I got a good deal on the 3 bag system, so I got it all =
up=20
front.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D526092718-12032000></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D526092718-12032000>-Joel</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV align=3Dleft class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx=20
  [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Greg =
Gagliano<BR><B>Sent:</B>=20
  Sunday, March 12, 2000 12:14 PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: Soft =
Luggage<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>I=20
  use soft luggage (Chase Harper) mainly due to aesthetics, because 1) I =
only=20
  use luggage 2 or 3 times a year for trips, 2) I don't like saddlebags =
on the=20
  bike unless I need them (and I don't use the ST for grocery shopping, =
etc) and=20
  3) I really despise the look of the pannier brackets when the bags are =
not=20
  attached, not to mention the low mounted exhaust which looks "wrong" =
to=20
  me.&nbsp; However, if Triumph designed a hidden pannier mounting =
system as=20
  found on the Honda ST1100, I'd have hard bags, no question.&nbsp; I =
think it=20
  is highly unlikely Triumph would design such a system for the ST as =
the Trophy=20
  would be the likely candidate for that.&nbsp; Also, if I used luggage =
often, I=20
  would go with the hard bags.=20
  <P>GG=20
  <P>rgw wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    I'm delighted to say that I have just ordered a new black ST.&nbsp;I =
have=20
    been a member of this list for a couple of weeks now and I enjoy the =

    information and opinions, though I don't know for how long I'll be =
able to=20
    read 50+ email messages per day.&nbsp;I am having difficulty =
deciding on=20
    whether to go for soft or hard luggage. I'm sure hard has greater =
capacity=20
    and is more waterproof etc., but the throw-over panniers are a =
little more=20
    subtle.&nbsp;Does anyone have any =
comments?&nbsp;Regards,&nbsp;Robert=20
    WilsonLondon, UK&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BF8C27.22660DF0--