Re: Shock install question- anyone have the ST shop manual?

Thanks for all the help Jong ( and Paul S. too! ). I think I'm going
to bag it. The Ohlins instructions have one pivoting up the rear
large  triangular sub frame and removing the shock out the rear. I
can now see with the rear cowl removed that it could be do that way
the biggest problem is getting to the top mounting bolt of the shock
this way. There are two small openings on the frame that would allow
one to get to this bolt but without the tank off it would be damn
near impossible to get ones fingers in there to align things once one
was putting it all back together. I believe that Ohlins instructions
are designed in such a way as to minimize their liability. If they
were to recommend that one removes the gas tank obviously the easier
way, and one was sloppy in putting the fuel lines back on, causing
any kind of fuel leak / fire etc Ohlins could be in deep legal shit.
Away since I have an appointment for my dealer to do the fuel gauge
sender update and he will be removing the tank anyway I guess I'll
just wait ;-(  I think in this case prudence is going to over rule
impetuousness.

Erik