Re: Racing

A true bike racing fan would be no less passionate than a NASCAR fan.
Especially since the rider is what really makes the difference in motorcycle
racing, ask anyone who has riden any of the bikes that Kevin Schwantz rode.

Actually I can excuse Troy Bayliss(the Duc rider), he was doing too well to
crash in such an embarasing way, then have to deal with the reporter
standing in his pit stall.  If the guy would have waited to talk to him a
few minutes after he pushes the bike back, maybe he would have gotten the
interview.  Sticking a mic in a tired, pissed, and still keyed up motorcycle
racer won't get you television friendly comments.  Those NASCAR driver
interviews are respectivly after the driver has had time to look over the
car and cool off alittle.  Now I'm not going to defend Scott Russell, I
think his name on his leathers
(RU$$ELL) sez it all.  Did anyone notice Steve Schiebe said they didn't get
a "list of complains yet" from Russell after he walked away from the bike.
Hmm, me thinks not all is well in the HD camp concerning Mr. Russell's
'effort'.

- -Dirty Dawg "Duhamel Jr"

Tony Meyn wrote;
NASCAR is definitely the champion of marketing their product.  Included in
that is the emphasis that they have placed on making the drivers part of
that product.  NASCAR fans are passionate about their drivers.  The same
can be said for very few bike racing fans.  I would bet that most bike
fans can name more NASCAR drivers than they can bike racers.  When was the
last time you saw a NASCAR driver refuse an interview (as did Scott
Russell and the Duc rider)?