Re: Pipes

>For those who selected the Triumph pipe, i would be interested in why
> you chose that pipe vs. other aftermarket pipes.  Quality, sound,
> triumph badge, etc...

I have the new Staintune pipe on my bike, put it on about a week ago, and am
in love with it and the bike all over again.

 It's stainless steel so should last forever and it's baffle is removed with
one screw, so it's easy to remove and put back on again as the mood strikes
you.  With the baffle it's got a much deeper growl than the stock pipe but
about the same volume level, maybe a tad louder.  Without the baffle the
beast opens up with a roar that rivals an F-1 car.  I put in the sport tune
and the combination of the tune and no baffle have really done a number on
the performance.  It's still got a smooth powerband but it really added more
bite up top, I now tend to ride it up nearer the redline than before where
it usually stayed around 6.5k rpm and power dropped.

Without the baffle it is LOUD, rev it up and scare the neighbors loud, but
during normal riding is nothing more than your average sedate harley rider
would put out.  There is a bit of vibration through the pegs I didn't notice
before but nothing bothersome, definitely calls for replacing the horrible
grips Triumph sold it with though.

I did an unscientific test the other night and it seems the bike now does
0-60 in about 2.5 seconds, 0-110 in about 7.  When you are in the right
power-range and throw the throttle all the way it makes you feel like you
are on a roller coaster going down the first big hill, massive g's.

In short, I like it.